Those of us at risk of hunger face many obstacles, often due to no fault of our own. The members of the Coalition to End Hunger may be able to help you obtain assistance with many of the underlying causes of hunger, including: healthy food, affordable housing, child care, transportation, job training, education, financial counseling, and more.
Valley Opportunity Council
VOC’s community services programs represent an effective network of specialists. This highly experienced, professional team provides direct assistance and guidance to people within the community, on a wide assortment of challenges, as they seek to achieve self-sufficiency.
Services are offered to individuals and families in need of assistance. Each person is given individual attention at the intake process. Evaluation, assistance and case management, are available to qualified households in the following service areas:
- Rental Assistance/Housing Assistance -Prevention, Diversion, and Rapid Rehousing
- Utility Assistance/Fuel Assistance
- Financial Literacy Classes
- Housing Counseling
Way Finders provides an array of housing support services that help keep western Massachusetts families and individuals stably housed. Programs include:
• Rental Assistance
• Affordable Housing Search
• Employment Support (Training, Placement, and Retention)
• Financial Education and First-time Homebuyer Classes and Counseling
• Foreclosure Prevention
The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts provides a variety of nutrition assistance:
- Healthy food to 200 local feeding programs throughout western Massachusetts, including food pantries, meal sites, shelters, childcare centers, and other food assistance programs. These agencies serve as front-line providers of food assistance, providing emergency food directly to our neighbors in need.
- Mobile Food Bank
- Brown Bag: Food for Elders
- SNAP enrollment
- Nutrition workshops, recipes and supermarket tours